About Us | Our Mission
Our Mission Statement
- To enable students to successfully return to mainstream education at their appropriate grade level.
- To provide the “tools” to learn efficiently.
- To instill confidence in each student as required to reach academic and personal potential.
At a Glance
Big Springs Educational Therapy Center and School has been providing help for children and adults with learning disabilities for over 25 years. We provide educational assessments to diagnose learning disabilities and give recommendations for programs, compensations, and strategies to help children and adults who are struggling academically or on the job. We also provide one-on-one individualized therapy sessions, a full-time non-public school for grades K-8, a half-time middle school campus, and resources and information on learning disabilities.
Learning disabilities such as dyslexia are neither “cured” nor “outgrown.” We use proven developmental, integrative, and multisensory approaches to remediate learning difficulties, specializing in dysgraphia, dyslexia, and other language-based learning differences. Our Center and School provides individualized services based on each client’s needs through the following:
- Educational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Language enrichment
- Social Skills
- Occupational therapy
- Vision therapy
Our goals are to:
- Aid clients in understanding their own learning styles
- Foster good self-esteem and confidence in their ability to learn
- Teach the use of technological assistance as appropriate (computer skills, electronic spell checker, etc.)
- Help students develop lifelong strategies for learning